Who we are
Our website address is https://thetransformation.ng.
Data Collection and use:
The Transformation collects, processes and retains data for use in political sensitisation, campaigning and associated activities. The Transformation also retains and processes data that is necessary for the administration of its own internal governance and membership systems. The Transformation takes its responsibilities in relation to data protection very seriously, and we are committed to placing the rights of individuals at the centre of how we collect, hold and process personal information.
The Transformation has a fundamental role in engaging with supporters and voters as part of the democratic process. Data protection law recognises that it is in the public interest for political organisations and parties to collect and process personal information, including about political opinions in order to fulfil this important role.
We collect data in a number of circumstances, such as when:
· You complete a form on this website, or if you fill out a form delivered by a The Transformation representative
· You have a conversation on the doorstep or over the phone with a The Transformation representative about your views
· You interact with us online, including on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
· You join the movement as a member, affiliated or registered supporter, donate or sign up to volunteer for us.
The Transformation also collects and analyses a range of other information about you and the area in which you live, including:
· publicly available data such as census information and election results,
· commercially available data including both precise information as well as geodemographic segmentations,
· information about whether our efforts to contact you in person or over the telephone have been successful, and survey data which you may have directly provided to us or a third party.
We analyse and use the data we collect in a variety of ways, and also combine them (sometimes referred to as “profiling”), in order to:
· contact you to canvass your political support and ascertain your voting intentions
· manage the internal governance of the movement and our membership database
· communicate with you about our policies, campaigns, events and opportunities to get involved with the movement
· understand what issues are most likely to be relevant to each elector and each area,
· decide to whom we should send our campaign materials and messages,
· choose which messages and content we put on the materials we send to you, or show you on social media,
· ensure that donations you make to us are lawful,
· allow us to estimate which way you might vote in elections and how likely you are to vote at all,
· help us understand in which areas, at which times of day, and with which people we should focus our campaigning efforts, and
· inform the development of our policy position for future elections at every level.
When you join The Transformation or sign up as an affiliated or registered supporter, we will collect, hold and process personal information in order to service the contract that you enter into with the movement in such circumstances.
On some occasions, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or agree to volunteer for the movement, we will collect, hold and process personal information on the basis of your explicit consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time. Please see section on “Your information rights” for more details.
In all cases we will be clear and transparent about how we use your personal information, only use it for the purposes for which it has been obtained and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to maintain its security.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. Further detail is available in the “Your Information Rights” section of this policy.
Site registration and emails from The Transformation
When you register onto the site or subscribe to our emails, we may ask you for contact information (such as your name and e-mail address), geographic information (such as your address), other details about you and your interests with your explicit consent. This is used to help us provide you with information from The Transformation to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you to campaigns you may be interested in and events happening in your area.
To volunteer (pledge your support)
We ask for your contact details, postcode and information on the type of volunteer work you are interested in with your explicit consent. This information helps us identify suitable volunteer opportunities for you within the movement. Your details will be forwarded to the appropriate local or regional movement officer who can then contact you.
Who we share your information with
We will never sell or share your personal information with other organisations for commercial purposes. We may share your data with third parties to perform services on our behalf and to help promote The Transformation by serving you advertisements and content online about our politicians, campaigns and policies we think you might be interested in.
How we protect your information
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Our servers are located in a locked, secure environment, with a guard posted 24 hours a day. When you contribute online, we use a secure server to protect your credit card number and other personal information during transmission.
IP addresses and log file data
The Transformation site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP Address or the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (If you are connected to the Internet you have an IP address, for example, an IP address might read “22.214.171.124”). We also use IP addresses in the aggregate to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of the site.
Links to other sites
Our site contains links to other sites and servers. The Transformation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Your information rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information and the opportunity to choose how it is used. You can:
· Obtain copies of the personal information The Transformation holds about you (known as a “subject access request”)
· Request that The Transformation corrects or update personal information we hold about you
· Ask that The Transformation erases or restrict the way in which we use your information. This includes asking that we do not process information relating to your political opinions.
· Request that personal information you have given your consent for The Transformation to use is provided in an electronic format so it can be transferred to another data controller (also known as “data portability”)
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly, and other changes are processed twice a month.
Contacting us and further information